House Points- Together Everyone Achieves More!
Our House point system is one of our many ways of recognising positive behaviour choices. At Corran IPS the use of House Points promotes:
- Individual and Collective responsibility
- Positive behaviour, thoughtfulness and respect
- Shared aims and goals
- Collaboration, teamwork and co-operation
- Positive attitude to school and others
- Effort and application
- Achievements and successes of all
- Participation in competitions and sport
- Growth in self esteem
How does it work?
Each House is represented by a tree which have been placed in the garden area within the school grounds. Each House consists of team members made up from P4-7 throughout the school. Family members are placed in the same House.
The four houses are named
- Brilliant Beech-Yellow
- Champion Chestnut-Blue
- Remarkable Rowan-Red
- Outstanding Oak-Green
All members of staff can award points. Pupils can earn points for their House in many ways by:
- Playing Fairly
- Being Caring and Sharing in the Playground
- Showing Good Manners
- Being Helpful and Considerate
- Displaying a positive attitude to a specific task or school life in general
- Being Responsible
- Participating and representing the school in competitions and sport
- Competing on Sports Day
- Other achievements worthy of recognition
Display of House Points
P4 to P7 each have a colour coded classroom display with the corresponding name and leaf shape. These are used by teachers to record the points. A special 'House wall' will display the monthly total in the hall. Points will be totalled monthly at Whole School Assemblies. At the end of the year the overall winning team will go on a trip or have a special treat to celebrate and be awarded the House Cup. Previous winners have been to the cinema or ten-pin bowling.
Are you a winner? Start earning points today!